Topic

Looking for Poly Travel Pants – in Navy Blue

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for Poly Travel Pants – in Navy Blue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hope y'all won't mind a "backpacking" gear question — backpacking in the non-American sense — meaning traveling/hosteling.

I travel with two pairs of pants — one on me and one in the pack. Right now, it's khaki and charcoal. I find that I need to wash the khaki a lot more frequently. So, I am looking to replace the khaki with something darker — but not black or charcoal. Dark blue (navy) will work — but I can't seem to find any hiking/travel pants in that color any more? Do y'all know of any?

My 'modest' requirements:

1. Poly – quick drying, no ironing, no fuss
    2. Two front pockets (like all regular pants) — plus two leg pockets
    3. NO convertibles (too ugly for urban wear) – and preferably no exaggerated 'outdoorsy' look

EDIT – By "poly", I meant synthetics — including Nylon.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Just to give an idea, my current pairs are Patagonia Nomader pants.. But I am not particular about brands at all.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Polyester is a tough one in hiking lines. Lots of nylon. Columbia makes these in "everblue" http://www.backcountry.com/columbia-royce-peak-pant-mens

Never tried these, but they look like they were made for you:
    http://shop.bluffworks.com/collections/featured/products/wrinkle-free-pants-navy-blue

Now I want some, darn it!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Dale:

Thanks for your quick response! I've edited my post above to include Nylon as well.

Yeah, I've seen the Columbia "everblue" as well — I don't think it's dark enough. I've never heard of Bluffworks — but they look really nice! Learn something new everyday. Thanks again.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Next, Ben will be appearing on GQ where he does his twirl.

–B.G.–

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, John. Time for a REI visit…

Just came back from REI… still looking for pants — preferably with two leg pockets — not just one. Any other recommendations?

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Try the Travelsmith website. They have several styles and colors of travel pants for men. Some poly like the Anywhere pants..

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

Not 100% nylon but maybe these meet your needs (and they are available in Navy blue):

Craghoppers Kiwi Trowsers

http://www.us.craghoppers.com/men/trousers/classic-kiwi-trousers.html

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, Donna and Mike. I will look into them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools