Topic

Play Hookie = go for a hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Play Hookie = go for a hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Gray
    BPL Member

@gordong

Locale: Front Range, CO

With the nice weather we have had here in Colorado the past couple days, I decided to play hookie from work and go for a day hike. I did the Green Mountain trail in Boulder. 7 miles.

Couple patches of snow but NO postholing at all! It was packed. Wooo Hooo!
    snow
    Views everywhere you look
    views
    Great spot for a break
    lunch
    This lil fella flew in and landed next to me and circled me for a few minutes. I was about 2 feet from him. Think its a Grouse.
    grouse

As you can see, the weather was nice.
    temp

I can't wait for the high country to be clear enough for dry trips.

Matthew H
    BPL Member

@vision-quest

Locale: Boulder, CO

We just moved to Boulder from Australia and we're slowly getting through the trails around Boulder. Green is definitely on the list for next weekend! How long did it take you? Looks great!

We've done Hogback Ridge, Sanitas, Redrocks and Flagstaff so far. May Point on Flagstaff was incredibly beautiful on a 70 degree winter day. Even got to see some deer and a raptor fly right over us.

Gordon Gray
    BPL Member

@gordong

Locale: Front Range, CO

I was actually born in Brisbane but moved here when I was 1 year old.

The loop was 7ish miles and took 2.5 hrs. It could be done in anywhere from 1.5hrs on up depending on your speed and such.

The hike I recommend is Bear Peak.

Start from the trailhead at the end of Cragmore at Lehigh St
    Take North Fork Shanahan
    Go up Fern Canyon.

Map: https://www-static.bouldercolorado.gov/docs/SouthMesaSBCW-1-201405161023.pdf

Jack M
    Spectator

@theanimal

Very nice. I stayed with a friend in Boulder for a few days this past summer and did a day hike up South Peak and Bear Peak. 72 degrees in February..wow!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools