Topic

Trek pole and monopod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Trek pole and monopod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Seth Lyon

@eaglescout

I purchased a new set of trekking poles recently. Of course they are great for fording streams and pitching my tarp, but one was modified for me to be an ultra light monopod.

Read the entire gear review for the Titanium Goat adjustible pole that works also as a monopod at:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=2768&cat=Trekking%20Poles&cid=56
    My post is pasted below.

I chose the Titanium Goat Adjustable Goat Poles because of the super light weight and collapseable design. I've used them on a day hike and found them to be sturdy and comfortable in the grip. I especially like the ease with which I can transfer my upper body weight to the poles when I am descending. My previous poles had wrist straps, but I don't miss them on these poles. The expanders work great to adjust the pole lengths.
    I requested Doug and Josh make a threaded part I could use to make one pole work as a photography monopod. They graciously included a well designed adapter and it works great for even my heavy Nikon camera.
    Buy these poles, you'll be glad you did!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Another way of doing it is this version. Any pole, plus the Ultrapod,
    (http://www.pedcopods.com/specsup2.htm ) plus a weight at the bottom and you have a freestanding version.
    FrancoFrancoPod

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools