Topic

how to seal a leaky hydration bladder?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) how to seal a leaky hydration bladder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

so I have a leaky pinhole in my Camelback bladder. the leak would be an easy fix with Seam Grip, but I don't really care to be drinking water that touched Seam Grip. Any other bright ideas?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Platypus makes a patch for thier bladders. Maybee one could be used for the Camelback or perhaps camelback makes thier own. I have also seen duck tape use for this in a pinch.

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

The Platy patches are amazing, at least on Platy bags. They stick even when water is pouring out of a pinhole. No idea if they will work on a Camelback, but for a few bucks, it might be worth a try.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

See if you can find some food grade silicone sealer. Even with the Seam Grip, you are only being exposed to a tiny surface area with a pinhole. You'll suck in more chemicals at MacDonalds or breathing smog on the way to the trailhead, let alone what is in your dehydrated meals, smearing yourself with DEET or sunscreen.

They have discovered Teflon in polar bears– you can run, but you can't hide. Seal your bag and go for a hike :)

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

Easiest way to fix a hole in a Camelbak bladder is to replace it with any of several lighter bladders. ;)

BTW, love the avatar!

Jeremy Cleaveland
    BPL Member

@jeremy11

Locale: Exploring San Juan talus

replacing it would be nice, especially since it is a 1.5L….. but I'm a poor cheapskate. Donations are accepted though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools