Topic

Question about Leki Jr. trekking poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Question about Leki Jr. trekking poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Heather Pisani-Kristl

@p-k

Locale: San Diego

So the package just arrived from Ebay, and the poles have a couple of mysteries that can't be solved via the Leki website. Perhaps there are BPL parents who know.

– are the baskets removable?
    – what's the black plastic "split ring" that's on the top section of the poles? I thought it was intended to cover the adjustment button, but it doesn't work that way.

Thanks in advance.

james russell

@nutmeggy13

The baskets are removable just like my adult poles. I don't understand what you are asking in the "split ring". Possibly this is the black plastic connector they use during shipping to keep the poles together but not banging on each other.

Heather Pisani-Kristl

@p-k

Locale: San Diego

Hi James – how do you remove the baskets? These don't unscrew.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Heather,

If your poles have standard LEKI tips, they spin freely unless you pull them towards the tip while turning. Then the'll come off, because of the threaded section you can't see with the baskets on.

Standard LEKI tips look like the ones in the pic at the bottom of this review:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/leki_carbon_ergometric_trekking_poles_review.html

Can't help you with the plastic gizmo. Maybe you could post a photo?

Brian Barnes
    BPL Member

@brianjbarnes

Locale: Midwest

Heather, My son uses the pathfinder jr. poles. To remove the baskets, from the perspective of looking at the metal tip of the pole I rotated the baskets counterclockwise while pulling towards the tip. It take a bit of effort and continued rotation to remove them. Good luck. Brian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools