Topic

Sixmoondesigns sale tent

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
Michael Ray BPL Member
PostedDec 23, 2014 at 6:59 am

Ditto. I'd been hoping for a sale on these so I picked up two (though it was a major pain to get the cart to work properly for some reason in both IE and Firefox.)

Ryan T BPL Member
PostedDec 23, 2014 at 7:29 am

Awesome deal, thanks for the heads up. In case anyone was having issues with the cart, it only worked for me if I clicked on the link via facebook. Going to the link outright was fruitless.

Greg Cullison BPL Member
PostedDec 23, 2014 at 8:11 am

I tried and tried, and never got the website to work, with or without the Facebook link. I just called them and got the order placed talking to a human–awesome!! Just like in the old days. Thanks for the heads-up on the sale. My sons are going to love this!!

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedDec 23, 2014 at 8:32 am

I thought about this but there are is no info on dimensions to see if my 6'5" self will fit.

Actually found a data sheet so that helped.

PostedDec 23, 2014 at 8:46 am

Yeah, I picked one up for myself as well. Just couldn't turn down a deal like that which I will most likely use as a loaner tent for friends.

Sr Al BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2014 at 9:44 am

Anyone got theirs yet? Mine hasnt arrived yet.

J-L BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2014 at 11:51 am

SMD just posted this on Facebook:

"The "Lemons to Lemonade" and Holiday sale has been a tremendous success. We'll be posting final tallies of the proceeds to the different trail clubs in the next few days. However at the moment it's currently over $9000.
We've also been slammed with about 10X our usual number of orders. Extra staff has been brought in to handle the backlog. So hang with us as we process a mountain of gear.
We held some of the LL Outfitters back so that we didn't over sell them. Once we've finished processing our current batch, the remainder will be placed for sale. You still have the opportunity to pick up one of these gems and contribute to your favorite trail organization. Simply go to the Outfitter Lemons to Lemonade webpage. Use the "Notify Me" option to add your name to the mailing list. As soon as they're back in stock, you'll get an email.
You'll need to act fast when you get the mail. There is a limited number of tents and a growing waiting list."

Michael Ray BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2014 at 11:54 am

Get your name in the waiting list – they just posted this to their FB.

"We've also been slammed with about 10X our usual number of orders. Extra staff has been brought in to handle the backlog. So hang with us as we process a mountain of gear.

We held some of the LL Outfitters back so that we didn't over sell them. Once we've finished processing our current batch, the remainder will be placed for sale. You still have the opportunity to pick up one of these gems and contribute to your favorite trail organization. Simply go to the Outfitter Lemons to Lemonade webpage. Use the "Notify Me" option to add your name to the mailing list. As soon as they're back in stock, you'll get an email.

You'll need to act fast when you get the email. There is a limited number of tents and a growing waiting list."

Sr Al BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

mine got shipped today. How do your your tents look with the staining issue? I cant wait to get mine!

Mike Megee BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Got mine today and had to look for the stains. The only place I found it was on the floor. But it does seem to be on most of the floor. Certainly not a big deal to me. Can't wait to use it.

PostedDec 29, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Must have been lots of tents that were messed up if they couldn't get them all packed in the few days since it was announced.

PostedDec 29, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Ron had posted that there has been at least $9,000 donated to the various trail societies..
The tents were $60 ,so that means at least 150 tents were sold.

If an entire mgf run was FUBAR with regards to the staining,that makes sense.
I would think even for a small co like SMD, to get the best price from their Asian tent makers they had to order a few hundred at a pop.

I say good on SMD for offering such a deal and donating tbat money to the trail orgs.

I sure will remember this when considering a purchase down the road.

As far as then not.being able to handle the order volume lets no forget-

A)They probably have a pretty small crew.
B)Its the holiday season . They deserve time off with family as much as anyone else.
C)I bet anyone smart enough to jump on thst deal was also frugal enough to ad other items to the order to save on shipping.

Just be happy you got such a great deal and be patient-like any adult should ;)

Greg Cullison BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Mine arrived today. All looks great. I had some trouble locating the defect. The floor looked good, but the staining is on the lower walls (canopy) that made contact with the floor. Kind of difficult to see, and certainly not a problem for me. Great deal!!

Bruce Warner BPL Member
PostedDec 30, 2014 at 10:19 am

As of now Tuesday Dec 30th these are back in stock and shipping. Apparently the automatic email from Six Moons failed to notify those on the notify me list.

PostedDec 30, 2014 at 11:02 am

Thanks for the update Bruce. I didn't get an email from SMD but luckily I saw your post. Was able to order one a few minutes ago.

PostedDec 30, 2014 at 11:35 am

I may have snagged the last one. Had to call in as the website was not working for me… Thanks for the heads up!

PostedDec 31, 2014 at 10:36 am

The outfitter I received is in perfect condition. Can barely see the staining on the fly. Only thing that was missing was a tie out for one side of the door fly. Quick fix with a mini carabiners and its all good. Looking forward to using it on new years day for its first test run.

PostedDec 31, 2014 at 1:01 pm

The regular SMD website (not the Facebook page) showed it SOLD OUT as of last night. I signed up for, but didn't get, any alert.

Congrats to all y'all who snagged one. Happy 2015, everybody.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
Loading...