Topic

Props to Black Diamond

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Props to Black Diamond

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Anderson
    BPL Member

@jeepin05

Locale: Land of Enchantment

I've seen threads like this before for outstanding support from a manufacturer, so I thought I would give credit to Black Diamond for the fantastic service I just received.

I have had a pair of their frontpoint gaitors for well over a decade. They have been work and though not abused they haven't lived an easy life. This year while hunting, the instep strap broke on one and began delaminating on the other. I contacted BD to see if they could be repaired even if outside of warranty.

They responded that while I was outside of their normal warranty period, there was no good way to repair my gaitors so they would replace them for a new pair. After simply paying the postage to return my broken gaiters to BD I now have a brand new pair ready to hit the trail.

The best I had hoped for was an in warranty repair, but I fully expected to pay a little to get them fixed. To have them outright replace them after I'd owned them for so long was exemplary and I felt bore comment here. I hope to have more encounters with other companies like BD who truly care about the customer experience. And you can bet I'll continue to buy gear from BD. Great gear and great service, that's a winner in my book.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools