Topic

Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 20

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 20

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 20

Michael Boisvert
    BPL Member

@mikeboisvert57gmail-com

Renee,
    I shed a tear for you today! So sorry that you could not complete the trail because of your injury.
    But, congrats to all that you have done.
    Mike from NH

Jean Swann
    BPL Member

@angelfire

Locale: North Georgia

Renee, this video brought tears to my eyes! I am so sorry that you can't complete the whole trail with your family. As a mom, I understand how much it would have meant to you. I pray that you will be granted the privilege of summiting Katahdin with them. And I just know you will go back next year and pick up the parts you missed! How wonderful that you can take the viewpoint that you are blessed to be able to assist your family as they walk northward, rather than dwelling on the negative aspects of your injury.

John Carter
    Spectator

@jac115

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you provide support for your family to finish the hike. Like you said, what a most difficult but clear decision you have made. I have thoroughly enjoyed each episode of your family's adventure. You will have future opportunities to thru-hike the AT by taking care of,your injury.
    I pray that 2015 will be a year to Rest up, Recover and Regroup.
    BackNine

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

The trail will be there for years to come – as difficult as it is to realize the immediate death of dream – think of it in the light of opportunity: You get to come back another time and hike what is arguably the nicest section of the trail – upper New England, during a time when you are well rested, healed, and maybe even with family in tow once more.

I can't imagine how crushing it is to your spirit – but as I know that a hiking mother is stronger any day of the week than I will ever be, use that immense inner strength to do just what you said – get your family to the mountain top and bask in the success of your incredible family.

I leave you with this song: "The Gentle Healer" by Michael Card.

Brent Mathews

@bmathews

Tough times but you made the right call. No need to jeopardize your future capabilities. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools