Topic

Berghaus Vapourlight Hypertherm FZ Jacket Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Berghaus Vapourlight Hypertherm FZ Jacket Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Jeff W.
    BPL Member

@jcwhynot

Locale: Northeast

Will…curious how you would compare the warmth of this jacket to a Montbell Thermawrap (assuming you've worn one)

Sarah Pigeon
    BPL Member

@littlebugshoe

Ditto: I'd like to know how the warmth compares to the Montbell Thermawrap.

Will Rietveld
    BPL Member

@williwabbit

Locale: Southwest Colorado

Good question. I have not tested the Montbell UL Thermawrap jacket but I have tested the pants. The jacket at 8.4 ounces is a good comparison for the Berghaus Hypertherm. From the specs, I would say that the Montbell Thermawrap would be warmer, so if you are only interested in LW synthetic warmth, the Montbell is a great value at $145. However, it would not have the technical performance of the Berghaus Hypertherm. The Hypertherm is reversible with thinner fabrics, each side with a designed function, and its 2.4 ounces lighter. The Montbell Thermawrap would not be as breathable, but it would probably be more water-resistant. Hope that helps. Will.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools