Topic

Looking for hiking and backpacking partner(s) in NY and the NE – esp. the Adirondacks and Catskills

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Looking for hiking and backpacking partner(s) in NY and the NE – esp. the Adirondacks and Catskills

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

I'm a relatively new hiker and backpacker who and I'd like to continue hiking through the fall and winter. I'm pretty fit and I'm currently aquiring all the necesary gear (albeit slowly).

If you're interested in hiking or backpacking anytime in the near future, please let me know.

There's only so many times I can drag my girlfriend out with me and most of my firends are either scumbag musicians or academics…who don't venture outdoors in fall or winter.

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

I'll be heading out occasionally throughout the winter. Although I'm mainly going to be hitting southern Vermont and the Berkshires of Massachusetts, I will also be venturing toward the central and northern Catskills and the southern Adirondacks. I normally end up hiking alone so I'd welcome the company.

Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

A group of us are planning a trip to the Catskills or Adirondaks over Columbus Day weekend. In fact, some of us head out one way or another each month. We are mostly a group of guys in our early 50's, but younger guys and gals join in at other times. Average daily distance that time of year would probably be around 8 to 10 miles in that terraine if we are carrying overnight gear. We live across NY State: Long Island, New Paltz and Buffalo. E mail me at PaddyBeer at Aol.com if you or anyone else is interested

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

Hi John. Thanks for the reply. I've never been to Vermont or the Berkshires, but I'm certainly willing to give them a try. Let's email a little bit and talk dates and so forth. You can email me at dhorton79 [AT] gmail [DOT] com. Or PM me I suppose. Look forward to hearing from you!

Kevin, coincidentally my girlfriend and I are planning to go the Adirondacks on the same weekend. We have no firm plan as of yet. Maybe we could meet up? We should definitely talk.

I should mention one complication though: I live in Brooklyn so I don't own a car. This means I have to either take public transportation or rent a car when I head out. This always tends to be a complication unfortunately. And it's expensive…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools