Topic

Fastpacking/Adventure Running partners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Fastpacking/Adventure Running partners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Allen C
    BPL Member

@acurrano

It looks like I will have some time off this winter – If anyone is interested in doing some long runs and/or fastpacks let me know. Training on the bay area trails or maybe a longer trip, open to ideas.

I'd like to do a R2R2R in the grand canyon at some point (may have to wait till spring though?) and I'm interested in the Trans-Zion trip too. Interested in talking to those who have done these trips before to get an idea of ideal time of year, logistics etc. Ultimate goal is to do the JMT in 3.5 days this summer, lots of training needed to get to that point.

I'm 42 and have done a number of 30-55 mile days with lots of up and down, both running and fastpacking. Recent 50K time was about 6:40 with 8k feet up and down. Would be interested in adventure runs and hikes with others who like to move fast and efficiently, all day or for multiple days.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Very interested.

However, during the winter, I like to be out of my element on my hikes.
    If you throw in something you can't get in your backyard, it makes your backyard look easy when you get back to it.

Single over night hikes are also much better for gear testing.
    Winter 5-7k in elevation (at least for now) seem ideal.

Something like this would be fun – 63 mile round trip.

.er

I'll PM you.

Allen C
    BPL Member

@acurrano

Aaron, thanks for the reply. I'm interested, Looks like a nice loop. I'll email you about dates etc…

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

I just made it up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools