Topic

Fox River Double Ragg mittens

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fox River Double Ragg mittens

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

Can anyone comment on how thick these are? I need something to swap into my goretex shell mittens when the removable primaloft inserts get too wet. I had high hopes for the OR PL400 mittens, but they weren't nearly thick enough.

Christian Edstrom
    Spectator

@bjorn240

Locale: Westchester County, NY

They are medium weight ragg wool. Not as heavy or warm as Dachstein/Ortovox mitts, but enough for 95% of conditions in the lower 48. The other mitts I really like are the terry wool Woolpower 400g liner mitts.

Overshot
    BPL Member

@overshot03

Locale: North East

I found mine pretty thick and warm. I use these with the MLD over mitts for winter. Always warm, and very easy on/off, even when wet. Cheap and good

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

I've taken mine out to low single digits and they've held up really well with just a thin merino liner glove underneath, even without a shell on top. They run large to facilitate layering. I normally take L/XL gloves, but these fit me best in Medium. Large has a bit more girth but I found them to be ridiculously long. For $15-18, what's not to like?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools