Topic

Curry Lentils & Couscous Recipe

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Curry Lentils & Couscous Recipe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Curry Lentils & couscous:

In the first freezer bag put:
    1/3 cup whole wheat couscous

In the second freezer bag put:
    1/2 cup cooked and dehydrated lentils
    1 Tbsp dried carrots
    1 tbsp dried minced onions
    1/4 tsp dried diced garlic
    1 tsp curry powder
    pinch of salt

Also take:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    1-2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Add 1/2 cup boiling water to the couscous, stir and seal well. Add 1 cup boiling water and the oil to the lentil bag. Stir and seal. Put both bags into a cozy for 10 minutes. Stir again, and top the couscous with the lentils and the cheese.

Serves 1.
    Notes: As for the salt and curry: season to taste. 1 tsp of curry is mild, you can go stronger. I used a mild curry for this recipe as well. For salt, being on a lower sodium diet, I used only a pinch of kosher salt (8 grains or so). Normal sodium diets may want a bit more, so season to taste!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

wow… does that ever look yummy…

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

The lentils are from Harmonyhousefoods.com. Really good stuff from the company. The lentils were part of the Super Sampler.

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

>"In the second freezer bag put:"

Now I need another ultra-cool flamed out cozy! You'll be hearing from me Sarah ;-)

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I love reading this site to find out what's for dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand because I have the pantry samplers of dehydrated veggies and dehydrated beans from HarmonyHouse. A word of warning – this recipe makes enough for 2 people. I also added a sprinkling of raisins. Good one, Sarah!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Never thought of raisins!
    I am working on a lentil burrito today…trying more veg recipes that are high in protein. :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools