Topic

Is Golite shipping? Or stiffing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Is Golite shipping? Or stiffing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I placed an order to Golite over a week ago and then another a day or two later and have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation. I tried calling, but the call gets sent to purgatory. I tried the online chat, but the respondent was vague, saying that when the items ship an e-mail will be sent. A week has gone by and nothing resembling responsible communication has evolved. Anyone else experiencing rip-off blues? Anyone received a delivery yet?

I was once unfortunate enough to be involved in a Ch. 11 liquidation (as an employee). A separate company came in to handle things and it was pretty seamless…everything progressed smoothly. But what I'm experiencing with Golite is total Bull Pucky. Maybe I just need to be patient?

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Hopefully, you paid with a credit card. Either don't pay that portion of your credit card bill until it arrives (tell the cc company why), or ask that the charge be reversed after the 30 day limit.

From the MA Attorney General's website:

"The Federal Trade Commission Mail Order Rule, applicable to items ordered by phone, fax, mail, television, or computer, states that a company must ship your order within the time limits it advertises. If no limit is advertised, the company must ship within 30 days after it receives your order, unless the company contacts you and you agree to a delay."

I've never had a problem reversing the charge after paying my total bill, but with Chapter 11 and a possible third company involved, maybe you should not pay that portion of your bill to retain all your rights under your cc agreement.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

did you pay with credit card?

if they charged you but they didn't deliver, you can write the credit card company and contest it, and the credit card company will refund

I assume you have to do it pretty quickly after being charged

Better talk to credit card company immediately and find exact procedure, time constraints,…

Ted Rosen

@tedrosen

I placed an order a week ago and another yesterday. I have received a UPS shipping confirmation for the first and an order confirmation so far for yesterday's order.
    Ted

Rob C
    Spectator

@slakdawg

My 11/15 order shipped on 11/21, with a UPS delivery date of 11/28. Could be they're just overwhelmed at the moment. Hope that's all it is for you.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Thanks everyone for the timely advice and the reassurance that some items are indeed being shipped. I will both be patient and contact my credit card company to get all my ducks in a row! Happy trails.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools