Topic

Father & Son Re-unite in the Wind Rivers, WY

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Father & Son Re-unite in the Wind Rivers, WY

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Bruce Bowden

@firelookout1

Hi

Reminds me of some trips my son and I have taken. How old are you ?

Trevor Wilson
    BPL Member

@trevor83

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area

Beautiful country! Looks like it was an awesome trip. Congrats!

Michael Boisvert
    BPL Member

@mikeboisvert57gmail-com

Hi,
    I am 57(in decent shape but some back issues) , my son is 24. The Winds sure is beautiful country.

J P
    BPL Member

@jpconst

Locale: Kentucky

Great trip report! Thanks.

I am thinking about taking a trip there next fall. What airport did you use?

Michael Boisvert
    BPL Member

@mikeboisvert57gmail-com

We both flew into Salt Lake City, Utah. My son flew from San Diego. I flew in from New Hampshire. We chose Salt Lake over Jackson Hole because flights were much cheaper and there was more to choose from with fewer stops.
    It is a relaxing 4 hour drive from Salt Lake to Pinedale,WY.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I was at many of those same locations just a week before. The Winds are so beautiful. Great trip report. Thank you for sharing.

For what it's worth I have been to the Winds twice and flown into Salt Lake both times.

Mark Jones
    BPL Member

@hibisk55

Locale: The Back of Beyond

Michael,

Thank you for sharing your trip. I took my daughters to the same places of your trip when they were at a young age. We hiked, scrambled peaks and fished in this wild and spectacular range. My oldest daughter, now twenty, read your report and we reminisced of our adventures through your beautiful images. We agree we need to go back to the Winds as we haven't been there in a while. With my daughters away at college with busy schedules, we don't get out together as often as we would like, which makes the times that we do very special and much appreciated. Kudos to you and your son.

Regarding airports, we used both Salt Lake and Jackson Hole. We prefer Jackson Hole for its proximity and it's spectacular approach and departure over Jackson Lake and the Tetons.

Happy Trails!

Michael Boisvert
    BPL Member

@mikeboisvert57gmail-com

Mark,
    Thank you for your pleasant comments. We do treasure those times with our children (young or old) in wild places. Those experiences tend to make special memories. I am glad the journal article brought back some for you and your daughter.
    Have a nice holiday season!
    Mike Boisvert

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools