Howdy everyone, I'm a long-time follower and first-time poster here on BPL. I thought I should introduce myself, particularly because I intend to participate in the "Gear Swap" immediately and want you long-time members to know a bit about me, should you decide to buy something I'm selling. Also I didn't want the first item I list to be my first post on BPL, though it will probably be the second.
My name is Randy and I live in Colorado. I backpack about 2 weeks per year and hike another dozen days at least. My wife and I run rivers, travel, and hike as a team most of the time. We try to celebrate the outdoors every day. We also carry sub-ten lb. base weights and are always simplifying our system. Recent trips include Colorado Trail from Monarch to Leadville and the Kalalau Trail on Kauai.
I've worked as a river guide for a dozen years and am excited to try pack-rafting or taking inflatable kayaks/canoes on extended trips soon and simplifying our often complicated overnight whitewater trips. I'm looking forward to learning more from the resources on BPL.
Thanks for having me!


