Topic

PCT Bear Bag Method

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) PCT Bear Bag Method

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"Those poor little forest creatures were assigned to come and try to get your food. It is their whole role in life."

And my whole role in life is to give them an identity crisis. :)

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

black bear

Here is one of those furry cuties.

–B.G.–

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Here is one of those furry cuties."

Uh, he doesn't look like he's having an identity crisis.
    He also looks real well fed. :(

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Well fed. Yes, it looked this way after leaving a place called Sphinx Lakes in Kings Canyon National Park.

–B.G.–

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

"What diameter rope are you using that mice can walk up it? I'd suspect some 2.2mm dyneema arborist rope rated to around 600lbs would serve both your pack weight and your food well."

3mm slippery polyester to avoid cutting through the bark.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Yes, it looked this way after leaving a place called Sphinx Lakes in Kings Canyon National Park."

I wouldn't be surprised. Have you been up that way lately? I've been wondering how much it's changed since it got discovered by the hordes 25 years ago.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

"Have you been up that way lately?"

No, but I've been over Avalanche Pass a couple of times.

I always see people as long as I am on one of the reasonable trails. Get off the beaten track a little, and there's nobody.

–B.G.–

Anonymous
    Inactive

"I always see people as long as I am on one of the reasonable trails. Get off the beaten track a little, and there's nobody"

I used to think that, too. But more and more people are getting into some formerly deserted off trail places. Sphinx Lakes was getting that way 25 years ago, which is why I haven't been back.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools