Topic

Recommend trail shoe: straight last, rock plate, 10-12mm drop, wide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Recommend trail shoe: straight last, rock plate, 10-12mm drop, wide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Folks, I'm in need of some recommendations for trail shoes to accommodate some defective feet. I've been to the New Balance stores, a small running store, and one specialty store without any luck from the supposed experts.

First and foremost are a strait last and EE width, as curved last shoes like the Salomon XA or La Sportiva Wildcats tend to aggravate healing neuromas.

Also due to odd bone and ligament structure I need to have larger drop, and even then will probably put in heel lifts or slightly raised orthotics. Anything over 9mm is probably good.

Fabric but not GoreTex is preferred.

I'd love to have a rock plate to protect feet from every sharp stick or point on the trail. My feet are toughening up over time and I'd like to worry slightly less about the texture of the ground and enjoy the beauty at eye level.

What might you folks recommend?

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

I'm not sure if it matches all of your specs, but the Vasque Juxt looks worthy of consideration.

http://www.vasque.com/USD/product/activities/hiking/juxt-7006-07006#pdpTabs1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools