Topic

Help with Puffy design

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Help with Puffy design

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

But what if you can't wear a wind shirt or a shell over your down jacket, does this still hold true?

Krishna M
    BPL Member

@kmarri

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Any recommendations for a lightweight oversized windshell? I want to layer it over my Rab Neutrino Pro which has sewn-through baffles.

baja bob
    BPL Member

@bajabob

Locale: West

Dooy wind jacket weighs about 3oz for a XXL. Runs a little small. I would size up. Can’t beat it for $20, however, it is not the most wind resistant if that is what you are looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Dooy-Mens-Cycling-Packable-Rain/dp/B0814HM3M5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=EBID1L3OKH5B&keywords=dooy%2Bwind%2Bjacket&qid=1683960550&sprefix=DOOY%2B%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

Terran Terran
    BPL Member

@terran

Not a puffy.

Patagonia DAS light hoody. I may wear a down puffy vest under it, sometimes an R2 or both. Depending on weather and activity. An Epic fabric raincoat with pass through pockets. I can put my hands in my pockets and not get wet down.

Krishna M
    BPL Member

@kmarri

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I ended up getting the Uniqlo UV Parka. It has a very relaxed cut. The size large fits well over the Neutrino Pro in medium. It just runs a couple of inches shorter. Weighs 5.5 oz in large.

I also tried the REI Flash Jacket in XL. It has a generous cut. There was way too much room in the torso, but was a bit tight in the sleeves which was compressing the down.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools