Topic

Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 2

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

Regarding the Wild trailer… I guess Hollywood has to exaggerate for dramatic effect, but man, that thing is enormous!

Barry Cuthbert
    BPL Member

@nzbazza

Locale: New Zealand

According to Outside magazine, Cheryl Strayed still has some of the gear she used on her trip along the PCT, and it appears the movie production crew made an effort to be authentic.

It is a huge pack!

article here

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the 8 oz hammock???

Sounds intriguing for a bit of campsite luxury.

Tony

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Arrowhead Equipment has had a hammock chair for quite some time now: http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/store/p446/Bushman_Hammock_Chair.html (no weight listed though).

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the embedded video, which we've always been told that this site wasn't capable of doing.

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Arrowhead's Bushman Hammock Chair weighs 300 g (10.5 oz) in the lighter 1.1 oz fabric according to the review linked off the web page.

Embedded videos, audios, and other web features are allowed for feature articles, not for comment posts like this one. I included several MP3 files in my voice recorder article.

— Rex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools