Topic

Hysol In Canada?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Hysol In Canada?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Locale: Labrador

Does anyone know where to buy Hysol U-09LV or U-09FL in Canada. Lots of searching online has not been productive.

Thanks
    Derrick

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I got my Hysol U-09FL from Steve Evans (Suluk46.com). He doesn't have it listed on the site but try contacting him. It has been a few years so I don't know what his situation is now. He's in Canada though, so if he can get it then shipping will be cheaper.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY
    Pierre Descoteaux
    BPL Member

@pierre

Great find!!! Thank you for sharing. I had been looking for a while.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

You're welcome!

Actually, this adhesive is very popular in my other hobby which is radio controlled airplanes, so it is easy to find if you know where to look. ;)

Another name for the same stuff is "Aeropoxy".

Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Hi Bob,

Thank your for this. But I am wondering if there is a difference between epoxy, the products listed on the site, and urethane glue, such as the U-09FL and U-09LV. I have read that the epoxy is less flexible than the urethane, and less suitable for materials like cuben.

What has been your experience with the epoxy and cuben?

Thanks Derrick

Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the lead. I contacted Steve but he is without. Depending on the outcome of my epoxy versus urethane enquiry, I may be ordering from the US.

Derrick

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

hysol i don't know. but , i have here some little packs of various epoxy types made by Hardman. they make a wide array of blends with differing virtues. might be worth a look.
    or, might even be worth calling to see if they have a functional interchange.
    these packs are on the order of .5oz ea. so you can carry quite a few of them for not much bother. they are a 2 chamber tear open sort of thing.
    it looks like i sourced mine from mcmaster carr.
    i was aiming for a low vis/high peel strength product to bond the alloy parts of The Great Polar Bear Perimeter Warning Fence project.

good luck,
    v.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools