Topic

Get PCT route fo Delorme Inreach Explorer?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Get PCT route fo Delorme Inreach Explorer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

How can one get the PCT trail (route) or the JMT trail (route) on their Delorme Inreach Explorer? I have an old Garmin GPS where one could buy the PCT sim-card and you'd know the exact trail, where it was, even when you were walking for 3 miles on solid snow (about 2 feet deep), such as the summer of 2011 on the JMT. I'd like the same ability on my Delorme Inreach Explorer but it doesn't use sim-cards. Thanks!

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

You can import GPX files into your mapshare page and then sync your device to transfer them over to the inReach. The GPX track files can only have 500 track points in them (Delorme has set this limit) but you can upload multiple files, so not really an issue. Apparently the number of files you can upload is not limited but that really depends on how much built in storage is on the device (I've not researched that). I've not had any difficulty importing my tracks, it works well. I use Garmin's Mapsource to cut up or filter the tracks down to 500 points per segment. It's very easy to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools