Topic

GSMNP – Three Forks area of the Raven Fork

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips GSMNP – Three Forks area of the Raven Fork

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

I know there are only about five people on BPL in the entire Southeast, but figured I would post here anyway. A couple of friends and I are planning to bushwhack to the Big Pool/Three Forks area around November 7th. We would camp at McGee Springs #44 at ~5,000ft and then work down either the Right Fork of Raven Fork or go Breakneck Ridge to Big Pool. Not very far, but it's slow going of course. May work our way down to Big Boy waterfall if we have time. Good times shall be had.

Any and all are welcome to come along. Shoot me a PM or reply here if interested.

Ryan

Jerry C
    Spectator

@jcram

Ryan,

I happened to see your post from 2014 regarding the Big Pool hike… I am 76 and have been dreaming of getting down to Three Forks for 40 years… Did you get there?… About 35 years ago a buddy of mine and I tried to bushwhack up Raven Fork, but had little success. Then, about 8 years ago my son and I made it up to McGee Springs and I saw the old abandoned trail that leads down Breakneck Ridge, but I only went a few hundred yards. If you get this post get back to me and tell me how it went…I’m envious.

Jerry Cram – Raleigh, NC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools