Topic

Gram Weenie Canister Stove/Torch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Gram Weenie Canister Stove/Torch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Dug this out of the archives, it's work-in-process. Heats water and can be used as a torch/lite. It's dual purpose. Made with a off-the -shelf mini-torch that has very precise fuel control. (September 19, 2007 I'll open "Zelph's StoveWorks" web site, all are welcome. I'll post url on that date)
    Here are the photos

<center>

</center>

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

too cool!

Do you have any efficiency numbers yet?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Hi brian,

I don't have any specs on it yet, only that the mini-torch weighs 48 gramsfilled with fuel. (excluding the torch head) The torch head is the part that produces the bright light for ilumination during the middle of the night potty break. The torch head can be left on during the time when heating a cup of water for that warming cup of hot chocolate. In the photo you can see the large hole to accomodate the torch head. Eliminate the torch head and you can reduce the size of hole in the pot stand that the torch fits into. I used a soup can as the pot stand. I used a stainless steel cup in the photo as my pot/cup. I was thinking ultra light for this system. This prototype is heavy so you need to think aluminum in place of the steels that I used. This was to throw out some ideas for all to ponder. Off the shelf mini blowtorch for the heat source. Use on a day hike? I will test when time permits. Still working on my stove website. On my site will be some information some of you stove builders might find interesting and helpfull. Please stop on over and take a look see. Register, test your skills, win free stoves, have some fun. I'll give directions to the site next week.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools