Topic

Ziploc Vacuum Freezer Bags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Ziploc Vacuum Freezer Bags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Can these be trusted not to leak and let in badness during a one week hike? I like the potential to remove almost all air from the bag and decrease pack volume a bit more.

Oh, and can you do FBC with them?

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

In my experience, they slowly leak. Even taping over the suction hole and the top. The zipper isn't totally airtight. It will hold for a while, long enough to freeze, and if you are lucky, a few weeks, but jostling it around and packing in a food bag will most likely cause a leak. So will any food residue on it. I packed some fresh oatmeal raisin cookies that way I mailed in resupply before. You won't decrease volume because everything will be hard as rock and not nest together.

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Well shizzle, I bought two boxes. Maybe I can find a use for them around the house.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools