Topic

Stove Suggestions For Use With MLD 475 Titanium Mug?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stove Suggestions For Use With MLD 475 Titanium Mug?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Moreno
    BPL Member

@nerrek2000

Locale: New England

For those who don't own one, the MLD 475 Titanium Mug is 90 mm tall X 82 mm wide.

I've been using aluminum foil tightly wrapped as a lid. I also use a thin titanium wind screen.

I have a Mini Bottle Stove by intenseoutdoorgear.com that I'm currently using with it.

The Specs:
    • Weight – .5 oz.
    • Size 1 5/8" diameter X 1 3/4" high
    • Fuel Capacity – 1 oz.
    • 20 Fuel Jets (1/32)
    • No Separate Pot Stand Or Priming Pan Required

• Works Good With This Mug, But has Flame Licking Up The Sides About 1" In Use
    • Boils 12 Ounces Of 50 Degree Water In About 5 Minutes, 35 Seconds For Me In 70 Degree Outside Temperature With No Wind. Takes 0.7 Ounces Of Fuel To Do So.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for other stoves to go with this mug. Maybe for their lighter weight, better fuel efficiency, etc…

whalen e
    Spectator

@whalen

I use an MLD 475 now and again and the stove I enjoy using is Zelph's Venom Super Stove. I don't have boil times but you can find that info on his website. Also, I'm not sure how different it would be from the stove you are currently using. However, what I do like about the stove is the ability to carry alcohol in it without spilling, and no pot stand is needed.

Anyhow, you might want to check the stove out.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/super-stove.php

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools