Topic

Tour de Lake Superior

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Tour de Lake Superior

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave Sawyer

@dsawyer

Locale: Midwestern States

I'm biking around Lake Superior (1300 miles) with a friend during a three-week span from mid-October to early November. Correspondingly, we will only be able to carry only what can fit in the saddle bags on our bikes — or possibly one small trailer as an alternative. Due to the baggage constraints, the cold that we will likely be dealing with, and the length of the trip, I'm seeking advice on what should be considered absolutely essential to bring with us. We would like to set-up a tent whenever possible, however, we suspect that certain weather conditions may very well lead us toward the creature comforts of a small roadside motel on certain occasions. Any advice will be deemed as helpful since neither myself nor my friend have ever embarked on a trip of such length. Obviously, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to purchase gear, but I do want to ensure that we select the best gear at a good price that will last for this trip and hopefully many more in the future. Please feel free to elaborate on recommendations related to the following items:

(1)sleeping bags and pads,

(2)bike accessories (e.g. racks, panniers, trailors, etc.),

(3)clothing,

(4)electronic devices (e.g. GPS, cyclometer, LED lights, etc.),

(5)multitools, (e.g. for bike repair, miscellaneous tasks around camp, etc.)

(6)food options, or

(7)any other type of recommendation that might be helpful.

All comments are welcome and would be greatly appreciated!!

FYI: I will be riding on a 2007 Specialized Tricross Comp, and my co-pilot will be on a 2006 Specialized Tricross Sport.

Regards,
    Dave

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Dave –

How did your circle tour go?

– Sam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools