Topic

Current status on mosquitoes (or other bugs) in Cascades (near Skykomish)?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Current status on mosquitoes (or other bugs) in Cascades (near Skykomish)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Locale: Bay Area

This PNW warm weather is pushing my weekend trip season a little later than usual, and I was just wondering if anyone knows how the mosquitoes are right now up in the Cascades, near Skykomish, Washington? I think I've got time for an overnight this week and I'm trying to decide whether to tarp or tent. I don't have a bug bivy/net-tent yet, only a headnet. Thanks!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

A few bugs in Oregon Cascades. I swatted a couple but mostly just ignored them. Maybe bring DEET just in case. I almost always were long pants and shirt regardless of bugs. When we get a good freeze it'll kill off the few remaining. nwhikers.net

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

In Goat Rocks this past weekend, I only got one bite. And mosquitos love me.

Marked contrast to Stevens Pass in mid-August. My ankles had 20+ bites each. (note to self: mosquitoes can bite through thin wool socks.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools