Topic

Kalais Owner Wanted ITT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Kalais Owner Wanted ITT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Just recently purchased an Elemental Horizons Kalais pack for my wife. She loves the fit. But I am curious about how to use the internal pad pocket. My wife wants extra cushion for bad hips and wants to use her NeoAir on top of something else thinner that can protect the main pad and provide a little extra support. What options do I have that can utilize that internal pocket, and what are the exact dimensions of said pocket if anyone happens to know? I have several pads available that I could cut to fit if necessary (RidgeRest, evazote pad etc.). TIA.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

So the pocket itself is 10"X26" and can hold a thick pad if needed. I use a 36" long ridgerest folded in half and then the bottom part folded up ~10", works great. I haven't tried it but you could easily partly inflate a pad in it as well.

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Wow, I just took her Z-Rest and folded it in half, i.e. I took the entire accordion-folded pad and "opened" it up in half if that makes sense….and it fits PERFECTLY.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools