Topic

My pot stand design

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear My pot stand design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

While it's not exactly super light weight, it is very sturdy for its size. I was looking for something really solid for larger/heavier pots when family camping/backpacking with my penny alcohol stove. This is what I came up with, I am very happy with how the design turned out. Right now it tips the scales at 1.75 oz.

Disassembled

Assembled

Assembled with stove

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Ssimg_1444 ステンレス製1.5mmの針金で自作しました6gです。高さは25mm、30mmなどです。最も軽い組み合わせは、ポットを別にして136gです。これに70gのポットの重さを加えても、全体で206gです。風防や蓋も、40gのブタンガス燃料も含んでいます。

it is JSB-stand for myself , 25mm & 30mm hight.it's 6g weight.1.5mm diameter.

ke wu

@asidesign

Locale: Block seven

Nice work! It looks stable…

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Looks well made. Nice work!!!

Do you attach the pieces together for storage and fold them flat while attached?

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

The stand assembles/disassembles very easily. When the pieces are together, they cannot be flattened, that is part of what gives the stand its stability. For storage just I slide the pieces apart as shown in the first photo.

On another note… The weight of the stand could probably be reduced by experimenting with different types/thicknesses of materials. I just used aluminum that I could find locally here at Home Depot. Perhaps I should do a little more looking around for different aluminum/titanium rods to see how low it can go while still maintaining good strength.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

How about coathanger wire ?
    Franco

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools