Topic

technique for trekking pole setup to hold up bivy?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique technique for trekking pole setup to hold up bivy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I'm going to be camping above treeline and most likely will be sleeping cowboy style, but I'd like to have something to quickly tie my bivy up to in the event of a rain (or by the looks of things snow!) event rolling through

crossed poles w/ a loop around them and staked out-will this stay up on it's own? I don't want multiple guy lines if possible, if I can get it done in one that would be perfect

bonus for pics or drawings!

thanks

Mike

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

This is what I use for my bug bivy. If necessary, I can set it up while laying down in the bivy. I reach out and set a single stake, run a cord from the stake, wrap the cord around both poles and down to the bivy. I prefer setting up to the side because of the zipper configuration on my bivy.

bivy with poles 1

bivy with poles 2

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

perfect- thanks much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools