Topic

PHD K Series: 1000 Down, new lighter fabric

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) PHD K Series: 1000 Down, new lighter fabric

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

PHD have just emailed out about their new "K series" of gear. 1000 loft down, and a new fabric that's lighter than their previous 10 denier. My guess is that would be a 7 or 8D.

Few things so far, all definitely pretty cutting edge. Their stuff is of exceptional quality.

I'm pretty interested in their wafer vest at 130g (4.6oz), which has a full zip with draft tube, zippered handwarmer pockets, proper collar, drop tail rear. They rate it for freezing. I think they are conservative with their clothing ratings. I have a primaloft vest of theirs that is a few years old that was rated at 0C at the time. Given its a few years old and both myself and my wife have given it a lot of abuse, chucked it in the wash with other stuff, she has even put it in the dryer accidentally a few times. For me, it still is definitely far better than 0C. With a windshell I am fine down to -5C easily, that's not moving.

http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/phd-k-series-1000-down-ultimate-warmth-weight-performance-sleeping-bags

Gary Pikovsky
    BPL Member

@gosha007

Locale: New Hampshire White Mountains

This is great – looks like PHD took out the fill weights from the site for clothing. Do oyu happen to know where to find the fill weights for the down jackets?

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

phd doesn't give out their fill weights but someone here my have some info on it.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Yeah I can't remember them actually posting their fill weights in the past.

The best comparison with these will be when someone gets their hands on them and measures loft height.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools