Topic

ZPacks U/Q

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping ZPacks U/Q

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.
    Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Thanks for the posting…I was just about to buy a new U/Q that would take me down into the low 20's and this design looks about perfect! I really like the idea of the waterproof/windproof Cuben outer layer and the black Pertex inside. I do believe I see one of these in my near future…

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

It looks interesting, but I am curious how it would be for an asym lay. All the photos show a regular lay.

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Asym – That was my worry when I saw the photos. I'm not sure how familiar Joe is with hammock under quilt requirements.

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

My 20* Yeti weighs about 13 oz., vs. 11.6 advertised for the new Zpacks; 6.5 vs 7.6 oz of down; 800 Activ-Dry vs 900 down. 2" baffles vs 2.5" "loft height." Yeti's 40 X 46; Zpacks is 46 X 52. $190vs $310.

On the other hand, being 6" wider and 6" longer ought to make the Zpacks U/Q fit loads of different shapes of hammock. I'm thinking 78" 20* version at <17 oz and $365 is a pretty sweet deal… And if it doesn't work with my XLC I can prolly all it here or on Hammock Forum and only lose a couple bucks.

Just gotta find a way to pull it off without my wife finding out ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools