Topic

Freestanding Monopod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Freestanding Monopod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

This is the FrancoPod. Your pole,one Ultrapod and a water bottle.
    Franco
    FrancoPod

Mark Hurd
    BPL Member

@markhurd

Locale: Willamette Valley

Clever! What do you use to hold the pole to the bottle?

-Mark

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

That is just a piece of string of undetermined length…. (it's a spare guy line)
    Here is another way of doing it. The bottle is not really needed for that type of backpack. A different solution (if you have no load stabilisers or tensioning strings at the front of the pack) would be to just wrap a rope around the pack.
    This will work with heavier cameras.
    It's the FrancoPod Plus ( new and improved but still under 2 oz)
    FrancoFrancoPod Plus

Mark Hurd
    BPL Member

@markhurd

Locale: Willamette Valley

Isn't it hard to drink with all that stuff attached to the bottle? I suppose the camera gets a little beat up, too, when your using the pole for walking. :-)

-Mark

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Because I practice Leave No Trace, I don't like using those carbide tips , the camera does not mark the ground like they do.

To have a drink I just go inside, or for water there is a tap at the end of the fence. Very handy.
    Franco

BTW I first used this attachment to take pictures inside a wombat tunnel (using the self-timer). So it is useful for low and high shots that are otherwise difficult or impossible. There is now a commercially made telescopic type stick that is sold for self portraits, those tourist shots of you and friends in front of a famous building.
    FrancoPod close-up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools