Topic

Joshua Tree

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nielsen

@geophagous

Locale: Pacific North West

I am going to Joshua Tree for one night on Saturday the 8th (stealing some time from a business trip) and have not done desert camping in a bit.

My plan is to bring a very light quilt, but the weather says lows of 72. I am only out for the night and all day Sunday, so I am looking to elimante most gear and treat this as a glorified day hike.

Any suggestions or things to be aware of? Planning on bringing plenty of water as I am unused to the hot temps and know I will drink a ton. Otherwise I don't plan on any rain gear, clothes. Basically just some first aid stuff, sleep pad, food and lots of water.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yeah lots of water. Make sure you either have clothing that covers you up or have sunscreen. I don't like bothering with sunscreen so I wear longsleeve sun shirt, pants and hat with a neck skirt (I have a OR Sun Runner Cap).

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

The heat wave finally broke… so weather should be more bearable. Deserts can get downright cold after midnight, so I would bring a little something extra — website weather forecasts are notoriously inaccurate!

Mike Nielsen

@geophagous

Locale: Pacific North West

That was my concern as well. It confirms I will bring a very light quilt, about a 55 degree one for a little extra comfort for my one night out.

Thanks,

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

joshua tree…

joshua tree lizard

joshua tree is really incredible

my avator pic is from there

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools