Topic

“The Extra Mile”, by Thomas Albert, Jr.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts “The Extra Mile”, by Thomas Albert, Jr.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I just wanted to share with the BPL community a lovely book that came out not long ago. It's an easy read, and especially a great read for anyone who has ever attended summer camp before. My 14 year old is reading it as we speak, with the hope that it might inspire him.

"The Extra Mile", By Thomas Albert, Jr.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Extra-Mile-Thomas-Albert/dp/1495940756/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407856366&sr=8-2&keywords=the+extra+mile

While it's not about backpacking, the author is an Eagle Scout and was instrumental toward introducing backpacking to our troop back in the 80's when he was a young adult. Tom was one of "those heroes" that we looked up to in our troop, who made working at summer camp look like one of the coolest things in the world to be doing back then. He was definitely one of those who inspired me to keep up with scouts, especially into my young adulthood when I became "that hero" to a new generation of scouts in the 90's.

Either way, please consider passing this along to others you think might benefit from the book.

YIS

Matt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools