Topic

Hilleberg Anjan reliability and length

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hilleberg Anjan reliability and length

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

Can any long-term Anjan owners comment on A) whether they have experienced any of the infamous zipper issues or any other annoying issues, and B) whether they think it would be long enough for a 6'4 user?

The Anjan seems like an ideal tent for my purposes but I have heard conflicting reports about usable length, and would also like to not have to replace the zips after 100 nights as some have had to do (although on other models: Nallo, Kaitum).

Also has anyone here had experience with Lightwave tents? Their Hyper 30 seems awesome at only 2.25kg, slightly longer and slightly taller than the Anjan.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I purchased an Anjan 3Gt recently, I think it may be too short for you. Its maiden trips is coming soon.
    I have a couple of other Hillebergs and the Anjan is of the same build quality. I use a Kaitum a lot and never had any zipper issue.

No experience with the Hyper but used both a Lightwave T20 and G20 Ultra back in the Uk/Ireland
    and they are great tents, the Hyper allows for outer pitch first which is very nice.

The Anjan is a 3 Season tent where as the Hyper is for 4 Season use.

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

>The Anjan is a 3 Season tent where as the Hyper is for 4 Season use.

True, but both would serve my purposes I think. I don't really need a true 4 season tent but I would like something that can handle the occasional nasty weather. If Lightwave made a 3-season version of the Hyper I would definitely consider it. With the T20, do you recall at all if the length was noticeably longer than your Anjan? On paper the Lightwave tents ought to have 5cm extra length.

Michael S
    Spectator

@mastokley

I'm 6'. The footbox of my sleeping bag will sometimes brush against the roof of the inner net. It's probably long enough for 6'4", but the inner net slopes down very steeply towards the end of the tent.

I haven't had any zipper issues.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

To be honest I dont really remember as its was 5 years since I used one.

It might be worth asking on outdoorsmagic.com as they are popular in the UK.

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

Good idea. Cheers for the info guys.

David Ure

@familyguy

I haven;t used the Anjan but have used the Nallo, of which the general shape is based. Even at 6'1" in a 'long' version sleeping bag on a 2" tall pad, my foot box was bunched up against the sloped end. Wet every morning. At your height I have to say no, you will not fit comfortably.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools