Topic

Merrell Ascend Glove $39.93 from Amazon (Prime eligible)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Merrell Ascend Glove $39.93 from Amazon (Prime eligible)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

Just picked up a pair of these in 10 M, Dove Gray color.

These are my new favorite shoe–just hope Merrell doesn't go and 'improve' them. Been very happy with my previous pair (also purchased at discount). A bit roomier fit than the Trail Glove, still zero drop, but 6mm of cushion which makes my feet happier on longer days/rougher trails.

Not the most durable shoe, but good enough at this price.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I talked to a Merrel rep and they are ditching the ascend glove for the "bare access trail". So basically there will be a bare access road and bare access trail.

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

Good stuff, thanks for the post

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I wore a pair packrafting in the Bob this summer. I liked the traction a lot better then my Altra Lone Peaks. Only bummer is the tops wear through pretty fast. At that price though hard to beat.

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

Thanks, Justin. Too bad. The Bare Access Trail looks similar (a little more cushion) so I might try a pair and see how they are. Should prob. buy an extra pair of the Ascend Gloves–I guess given the price and availability of them on closeout, I was one of the few who liked them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools