Topic

Where to buy an Instaflator?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Where to buy an Instaflator?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I'm having trouble finding a place to buy the Instaflator. Anyone know where to find them?

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Leslie's Pool supply.

Michael Driscoll
    BPL Member

@hillhikerz

Locale: Monterey Bay

I just picked up 5 from flyweightdesigns.com the end of June.. for back up and gifts…

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Thanks Michael. I sent a PM earlier this evening.

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Depending on your intended application, the AirTap sold by Thermarest might be a better (possible multi-purpose use here) solution. It's essentially the same as the Instaflator, except you adapt it to your own bag (e.g. stuff sack, garbage bag). The bag attached to the Instaflator is essentially a really long and narrow plastic grocery shopping bag. Using it in the wind is a joke.

Here's the AirTap from Thermarest. Be sure to watch the short video.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Thanks but I'm quite happy with the Instaflator. It is obviously fragile. The first one lasted about 4 seasons but I was careless with the second and it only made it through 3 trips. I don't carry any stuff sacks and I wouldn't cut a hole in my trash compactor bag. When it's very windy or raining, I just inflate it inside my shelter. Works great for me.

Justin McCabe

@justinmc

Locale: Southern California

I've heard Leslie's carries them as well. I bought mine straight from the manufacturer site back in the day, maybe email them and ask to be notified as soon as they are back in stock?

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Go to: themillair.com

Mike Stromsoe

@phstudio

Locale: So. Cal.

Monty, they're out of stock, hence this thread.

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Gotcha. Makes sense for your application. I previously used the Instaflator to inflate my light weight packraft (FWD FlytePacker), but have recently switched to the the AirTap with my own stuff sack.

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

We have received our restock. We have Instaflators in stock and ready to ship.

http://flyweightdesigns.com/?product=the-instaflator

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools