Topic

Tour du Mont Blanc – Start ~ 9 August

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Tour du Mont Blanc – Start ~ 9 August

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg Kittridge
    BPL Member

@gkitt80

Hi everyone-

American expat living in Paris, looking to do a memorable hike somewhere in France in August. I have the entire week of the 11th off, so was thinking I could potentially jump on a train Friday the 8th afternoon/evening to get close to the trailhead, then leave Saturday for a nice long hike. Currently targeting the Tour du Mont Blanc, but am also open to suggestions if there is a better/more enjoyable hike. Suggestions are appreciated.

Anyhow, I know it is a longshot, but if anyone is interested in joining me, let me know. 29 year-old male, decent shape, friendly, etc etc.

Happy summer!

dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

i have been to chamonix valley 2x…i never did the tmb but my dad did and said the best part is in the chamonix area and that day hikes from chx is a bigger bang for your buck…Ive dayhiked in the area.The Lac Blanc trail from nearby Argentiere gives you a spectacular panoramic view of La Mer de Glace glacier and surrounding peaks and mt blanc.Jaw dropping.The other spectacular trail is Le Grand Balcon Nord from chamonix.It basically contours the jagged peaks and ends/begins at the mer de glace with a spectacular view of Les Grands Jorasses.The tram up to the top from chamonix is amazing the view is italy,switzerland,france,all the alps,jagged peaks…it costs 45euros rt.You can hang all day there or ski/hike down.Worth every penny.
    Im tentatively scheduled to go hiking in the french alps at end of this month.Then off to italy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools