Topic

MYOG Charger Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Charger Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

While it's not directly backpacking related, I figured I'd still post it anyways. I travel ~35 weekends a year with three weeks vacation spread out in there, and as much as we would like to distance ourselves, technology has it's presence even when we hike. While we shave grams for our packs, there is still something to be said about efficiency, and oddly enough that seems to fall by the wayside.

I hate inefficiency and at the cost of 2.3oz for a bag to carry (whether it's backpacking or leisure traveling), this solution has provided me with great relief knowing that I have extra cords that always stay packed in this bag, and I don't take anything out of it when unless I'm traveling.

Cords:
    -iPad Charger (Original iPad/iPhone/iPod charger)
    -iPhone Charger (newer version of iPad/iPhone/iPod charger)
    -3.5mm male to male Aux jack
    -Spare set of headphones
    -Fuji x100 Charger

Hardware:
    -USB wall outlet
    -USB 12v 2.1A Aux charger for 2 USB slots (can charge both iPad/iPhone same time)
    -Monoprice external backup charger (again 2 USB slots, iPad/iPhone same time)
    -Battery Charger for Fuji X100

Front

closed

content

Whether you like it or not, I hope the idea inspires you to find your inefficiencies of your travels, and correct them through making your own solution.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Very good idea — and nicely done! I agree that it's not for backpacking, but people also spend time doing *gulp* other activities! :^)

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

Great idea!

I may have to make something similar as well.

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

Thanks all.

JP, there are a few ready-made bags that are similar, however I the closets I've found is zipper pocket on each side. While that may work for some, when two cords are white and four cords are black, when it's dark or low light it's hard to see which is which, and they also tangle easily. Making elastic sections for each solved that problem.

Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools