Topic

Water Resistant Down

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Water Resistant Down

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Now that there have been various water resistant downs available for awhile is there any info out there about how effective it is and how long treated down lasts? I'm looking into getting down bag for winter camping and am trying to decide if I want to get one with treated down.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Not much out there still in terms of actual testing as far as I know. All just anecdotal accounts and not many of those really. As far as longevity I don't think we will know that for several years. The only ones really weighing in are manufacturers and down producers, and they have a vested interest of course.

Ryan

Michael Gillenwater
    BPL Member

@mwgillenwater

Locale: Seattle area

Patagonia made a big deal of its Encapsil treatment, which I understand to be a distinct (and better?) technology than all the other down treatments. But now I don't see any products or any new info on it. There must be a story here about why the silence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools