Topic

PNW. What are your longer trip plans this summer?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning PNW. What are your longer trip plans this summer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alexander S
    BPL Member

@cascadicus

Just want to hear what multi day trips others have planned in the WA/OR region for the season.

I will solo the Jackita Ridge/ Ross lake/ Devil's loop beginning of August and do the Icicle Ridge trail from Steven's Pass to Leavenworth with a friend.

Bonus: We'll be taking a Greyhound to the pass and a Trailways bus from Leavenworth back to Seattle. No driving/parking!

Hoping to squeeze a few weekenders in for Sept/ Oct.

Anyone with 3-4+ day plans?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I do 3-5 nights every month year round

I'll probably circumnavigate Mt Hood and Three Sisters.

Three Sisters I like to go between South and Middle Sisters. Maybe explore around Broken Top. Likely won't actually go around all three.

Maybe Wallowas?

Brother and I usually do something a bit shorter – maybe Rialto Beach or Toliak Point on Olympics beach. The last time we did Toliak we got ash on us from Mt St Helens.

Alexander S
    BPL Member

@cascadicus

Those are very nice choices.

have you heard any news on the Mt Hood bridge wash out?
    Someone had placed some ropes when I went and it wasn't really a problem crossing.

Dunno if you've been there before but be warned: Green Trails lies when you look for the path between the south and middle sister. You can pick up the trail just behind that little pond on the West side of the middle sister.

Ever done the whole push north from Rialto?

I really need to explore the Wallowas more.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

I've crossed at "the ropes" and up above at the foot of Eliot glacier. Both are doable but not my favorite. It doesn't seem to be on the Forest Service radar to fix it.

Yeah, hard to find the trail between South and Middle Sister where it leaves PCT. The trail goes just South of Seperation Creek so easy enough to find.

I've gone down from Sand Point a few miles, and mybe 10 miles up from Rialto Beach so I have about half of the route undone.

I've done a few trips in Wallowas. Lots of granite like Trinity Alps but nothing matches the Sierras.

Sounds like we've done many of the same areas : )

Alexander S
    BPL Member

@cascadicus

"I do 3-5 nights every month year round"

You must be retired and and have excellent resting heart rate!

If you haven't already, I can recomment the PCT "J" section from the Steven's to Snoqualmie passes.

I'm sort of eyeing the John Muir trail as a future Sierra goal.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

each year I eye some portion of JMT

I've done a couple trips in North Washington – Spider Gap? or is it Spider Meadows?. I've done a number of trips to the Enchantments. I've done a couple canoe trips on Ross Lake with day hikes.

James Couch
    Spectator

@jbc

Locale: Cascade Mountains

Both are correct Jerry. Spider Meadows are below Spider Gap. Gorgeous area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools