Topic

Cut of Valandre sleeping bags?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cut of Valandre sleeping bags?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

I noticed quite a few Valandre bags on sale on Rei.com. The cut on some of these bags has quite an extreme taper from the hips down. Seems like this would aid warmth retention but looks quite constricting. Anybody out there slept in one of these? Price is good and I've heard the quality is outstanding but havn't seen one in person.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I havent used any valandre bags either.

there are reveiws by Doug Jhonson and carol crooker on this site for the Shocking blue, and mirage bags.

I also have been looking into a valandre bag for sub 0 snowshoeing and backpacking, and I have read only good things about the company, and their products.

all their bags are made with a differential cut, so you get the most out of the insulation.

for maximum warmth I think the cut is appropriate, I dont have any first hand experience, but I ave read a few reveiws, and I cant recall any complaints

If you are looking for maximum freedom of movement, but still want a bag that can retain warmth adequately, check out montbells super stretch bbag, if you havent seen them already. I have two, and love them. but im looking at Valendre for a extreme cold expedition bag.

François Lederer

@franzi68

WOW!

Compared to the prices practised by Valandre here in Europe, am thinking about ordering a Mirage…

Seriously, I am already owner of the classic Valandre bag, the "Lafayette", and I can only say good things about it.

If I had to buy a new bag in that temperature range, would also consider the TNF Hightail, which offers 900cuin down and weights around 3.5 – 4oz less than the Lafayette.
    Saw one last year in a Swiss shop and was really impressed.

As a lightweight bag, the mirage is for me the best one.
    On my wish list for two years, in the meantime took a RAB top bag (performs well, but I need more comfort) and BPL cocoon UL 60 quilt (mmm, only for summer use as stand alone…). At over 300EUR it is too expensive for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools