Topic

Suunto-like compass/alt/baro $29.95 free ship

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Suunto-like compass/alt/baro $29.95 free ship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2034

If I didn't already have a multi-sensor watch, Id order this one. Probably same guts in a generic package. Free international shipping.

I ordered some Cree LEDs from these guys, great customer service from a guy actually in Hong Kong, no remoted Indian BS.

Charles Thompson

@demeraradrinker

Locale: Land of Toto

I was wondering if you could calibrate the altimeter?

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

Locale: columbus ohio

Brett,

This is a really cool website. I'm seeing several things that might work for backpacking. Have you purchased anything else from them? Why the cree lights? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the digital hanging scale for $11.

Free shipping is convenient for such small items.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

umm no remoted Indian BS?

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

This is a discussion of LED lights; if other readers have not tried a Cree LED, please research 'Fenix' here at BPL.

Justin, after the success with my Fenix Cree AAA I wanted to try similar lights using rechargeable C123 batteries (about 850mah) and AA (2,500mah) for longer run times. I wanted 5-mode lights so I could use full power, or drop down to low for long run times (still much brighter than an incandescent of the same weight).
    Here's what I bought after comparing many models and reading the reviews:

5-Mode CR123A Rebel 0100 Flashlight $18.00
    This is comparable in design to the Fenix Cree at $50+ but is not a Cree LED
    CR123 5-mode

5-Mode SSC 42180 Flashlight (AA)
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4896

Of course, if money was no object I would have bought Fenix brand, for their superior quality reflectors, etc..

EDIT, the company was all smoke and mirrors. The charger arrived without the adapter and the flashlight was DOA. Their second rate MIC products and Q.A. process are krap. I should have bought another Fenix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools