Topic

Basic Summer Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Basic Summer Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Craig J.
    BPL Member

@cljohnson33

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Hello all,

I posted a while back about whether or not I could use an ultralight pack. My post was a little jokey, but I did get some recommendations. Anyway, I entered my list into the lighterpack web thingy. Most of my trips are in Mid-Atlantic/New England with a annual trip out in West Texas or New Mexico. I think I've got my base weight down far enough that I could actually get a Golite Jam 50 or REI Flash 45 (one of the recommendations from before) if I was more conservative with food and packed water. For the West Texas stuff I sometimes need nearly 2 gallons of water at the beginning of the trip, but I'm not against carrying one gallon in my hand and packing the other. In those cases, I estimate having about 12-13 lbs of water, whiskey and food, which is just below the 30 lb limit for the Jam 50. Let me know what you think:

Lighter Pack List.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools