Topic

Impossible UL Denali List?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Impossible UL Denali List?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ROBERT TANGEN
    Spectator

@robertm2s

Locale: Lake Tahoe

Can it be that we have not yet received a Denali UL gear list because such a list is not realistic? Unless a person pre-acclimatizes by climbing surrounding peaks over a period of many days, then scoots up Denali in a couple of days, that person will need as much food and fuel as any other strong climber. Food and fuel have a certain irreducible minimum weight, making it impossible to cut the normal pack weight by a huge percentage. If those two climbers claiming to have an UL pack aren’t con artists, is it too harsh to tell them to produce their super-creative and ultra-innovative gear list?

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Hi Robert,

Don't blame Matt and Agnes for our slowness! I happen to have their gearlist in my hot sweaty hands – and it's my fault it hasn't published yet. Hold tight…

ROBERT TANGEN
    Spectator

@robertm2s

Locale: Lake Tahoe

OK, sorry if I was too hard on them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools