Topic

Just a photo…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Just a photo…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mine and Ford's matching Mom & Son packs :-) A bit heavier than I like for a trip (I am at 26 lbs, Ford is 13-fully loaded) But this is a trip of eating good and sleeping comfy. Hopefully the sun comes out tomorrow….

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Papa bear needs a similar pack! Do you want us to locate a Ghost LT for him? :)

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Papa Bear has the old blue one :-D Though he someday needs a LT! His torso is 18" I think…..

scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Locale: Atlanta, GA

I love my Ghost LT! Good to see I'm not the only person enjoying a Ghost these days…

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Sarbar,
    I'm totally with you on the Ghost, but YIKES! Those Crocs could be used as signal devices! Your rods & cones are all screwed up!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Hehheh……..

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Jason,

Doesn't that make them multi use? ;)

Tom

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Yoo-hoo! Rangers! We are over here!

Ok, the REI Denali pants in Sunset Orange I had, now those were dual purpose! You could see me a mile away in them…..

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

but you could lose a few ounces if you wanted to be lighter by substituting a platy (or even a Gatoraide bottle) for the Nalgene and substituting a BPL microbiner for the full size one.

Sorry, can't help the gram-weenieness… It's the darnedness disease :^)

Pam

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

It's ok ;-)

I gave up on bladders about 3 or 4 years ago. Just don't like them (I bring one for camp storage w/out hosing). In summer on long trips I use Snapple bottles which are similar to G.aid bottles.
    But for short trips, I'll admit it plain out: I like Nalgenes ;-) For years I gave them up, but dangit, they don't get funky odors and they go in and out easy. It is my one true heavy thing I take with me (and in winter trips I can insulate them easier than other methods as well).

My one heavy thing I have to carry ;-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools