Topic

Good trails around Portland, OR and River Gorge?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Good trails around Portland, OR and River Gorge?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I'm going up to Portland, OR soon and was wondering what was everybody's favorite day hikes? We'll be in the river gorge/hood river for a few days too so wondering what everybody likes up there too.

John Carter

@jcarter1

My personal favorite dayhike this time of year is McNeil point from Top Spur trailhead. My Avatar picture was taken from McNeil shelter. In front you can make out Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier, and Mt. St. Helens. About 100 yards to the left is a 3000ft drop off the side of Mt. Hood. Some of the most spectacular wildflower displays are up in that apline zone, and the huckleberries are ripe by the acre on the route up (as of last weekend).

You should check out http://www.portlandhikers.com for excellent trip reports. They also have a new field guide with detailed hike descriptions and marked topo maps. I recently posted some photos of my last trip up there at portlandhikers.com.

Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Thanks, that website is a great resource!! :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools