Topic

GG Lt4 Issues

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GG Lt4 Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I am problems with the "new and improved" design locks on the Lt4 poles. The most recent was last night. As I was walking I noticed that the pole had loosened up. No problem, I tried to tighten it up. It didn't tighten. But the two pole halves were locked together and I couldn't get the lower removed from the upper in spite of the pieces being free turning relative to each other. The only way I was able to get the poles apart was to unscrew the expander all the way. But doing that caused a bigger issue. The brass piece gets stuck against the screw in the topmost position requiring pliers to loosen it up. It's worth noting that my other pole is the "defective" design that has worked flawlessly for thousands of miles. Has anyone else had the problem? Is it operator error?

Lt4 locks
    New style lt4 locks.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Is one or both of the brass bits threaded?

Am I correct assuming the expander still has internal threads?

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I believe the brass is a single piece, or at least mine acts like it. The rubber piece is not threaded but is supposed to be loose. one of my suspicions is that the threads of the screw are catching the rubber and not allow the rubber to relax and release.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

The brass piece is the "nut" that should run down the threaded section and compress the expansion plug?

And the expansion plug just "floats" on the threaded section?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools